The lines of the Nelson family represented here are descendants of three of James (Jack) Nelson's sons - Andrew, George, and William. Only the first 4 Generations are listed on this page. For more generations see the Family Tree and Pedigree Charts.
These lines are double related. Andrew and William's daughters, Ida May and Lela, married Pollock brothers, Isaac Jackson & Mills Bennett Pollock. George's daughter, Mary Etta, also married Felix Pollock but the connection to the Pollock brothers is not known at this time. One other connection is still being researched, G.W. Hobson who married Missouri Nelson, daughter of Andrew and Nancy Catherine Hobson wife of William.
Click on the buttons at the bottom of this page for more information. If you would like to contribute or change any information contained here, it would be most welcomed!
Elisha Nelson born about 1790 in Tennessee. He was buried in Nelson Cemetery, Dent County Missouri. Elisha married Elizabeth Henry born 1791 in Virginia. She is also buried in Nelson Cemetery, Dent County Missouri.
i. Joshua Nelson b. November 1, 1810
2. ii. James ( Jack ) Nelson b. abt 1813; d. bef. 1860
iii. Moses Nelson b. abt 1815; d. bef 1856
iv. Sterling Nelson b. abt 1816; d. 1863
v. Henry Nelson b. November 26, 1818; d. April 10, 1884
vi. Sarah ( Sary ) Nelson b. March 15, 1821; d. February 25,1912
vii. William Nelson b. abt 1827; d. January 30, 1859
viii. Ruth Ann Nelson b. abt 1830
ix. Elizabeth Caroline Nelson b. December 16, 1832; d. August 16, 1910
x. Elisha C Nelson b. abt 1833
- Contributed by Glenda Cashmer
2. James ( Jack ) Nelson (Elisha1), born about 1813 in Tennessee, died before 1860, Crawford County, Missouri. His first wife is unknown at the present time.
Children of James ( Jack ) Nelson
and 1st Wife:
i. John Washington Nelson, b. 1837-1838, d. August 20, 1864 in Rome, GA. He married Sally Norris, June 19, 1859 in Dent County, MO.
ii. Elizabeth Jane Nelson, b. December 1839.
iii. Sarah Ann Nelson, b. October 16, 1841. She married Caloway Norris, December 11, 1856 in Dent County, MO.
3. iv. Andrew Jackson Nelson, b. abt. 1843.
v. James Elisha Nelson, b. 1848 in Mo, d. young.
James married second wife Joannah Murray, May 6, 1849 in Crawford County, MO, b. abt 1828 in MO, d. aft 1890. Joannah Murray, b. abt 1822/28 in MO, d. aft 1890.
Children of James Nelson and Joannah
4. vi. George Henry Nelson, b. November 9, 1852 in Crawford County, MO, d. January 4, 1943 in Salem, Fulton County, AR, buried in Oxford AR Cemetery, census 1870 in Webster County, MO. He married Nancy Ann Hall, daughter of Nathanial Lafayette Hall and Mary Jane Endsley. She died abt 1900 in AR.
vii. Moses M. Nelson, b. ABT 1854 in Mo.
viii. Thomas Edward Nelson, b. Abt 1857 in Mo, d. Bef 1920 Buried Greenberry Cemetery, occupation BLACKSMITH. He married Sarah Elizabeth Hall, (daughter of Nathanial Lafayette Hall and Mary Jane Endsley)
ix.James Buchanan Nelson, b. abt 1858 in Mo. Joannah Murray Nelson, b. abt 1822/28 in MO, d. AFT 1890. She married (2) James Swafford, 4-Mar-1861 in Dent County, MO.
5. x. William Columbus Nelson, b. 1851, Dent County, MO; d. Clay Co., AR.
1860 Census Dent Co., MO
- contributed by Glenda Cashmer
3. Andrew Jackson Nelson (James2, Elisha1) was born 1843 in Missouri. He married Lavina E. Reynolds. She was born 1843 in Missouri. Census Records: 1870 Dent County, Missouri. 1880 Sharp County, Arkansas. Land: 160 acres 11 TWP 18N Range 5W in Sharp County, Arkansas.
Child of Lavina:
i. John G. Reynolds, b. abt 1860
Children of Andrew and Lavina:
i. Missouri F. Nelson, b. 1865; m. G.W. Hobson, July 7, 1881, Evening Shade, Sharp Co., ARK.
ii. James E. Nelson, b. 1871, MO.
6. iii. Ida May Nelson, b. June 6, 1873, MO; d. January 27, 1934, Duncan, Stephens Co., OK.
iv. Mary M. Nelson, b. 1875, MO.
v. Arabella Nelson, b. 1878, MO.
1860 Census Dent Co., MO - Lavina Reynolds & son John G.
- contributed by Glenda Cashmer
4. George Henry Nelson (James2, Elisha1) was born November 9, 1852 in Crawford County, Missouri and died January 4, 1943 in Salem, Fulton County, Arkansas. He married Nancy Ann Hall. She was born aft 1860 in Illinois and died abt 1900 in Arkansas. George is buried in Oxford Cemetery in Arkansas.
Children of George and Nancy are:
i. Alexander Hamilton Nelson, b. abt 1886
ii. William Wesley Nelson, b. 1886; m. Cora Armstrong, August 13, 1905, Salem, Fulton Co., Ark; b. 188, West Virginia.
iii. Benjamin Harrison Nelson, b. August 3, 1888, Oxford, Izard Co., Ark.; d. June 29, 1979, Springfield, Mo; m. Dora Ann Webb, September 30, 1911, Thayer, Oregon County, Mo.; b. October 24, 1895, Thayer, Oregon Co., Mo.; d. March 27, 1983. Benjamin and Dora are buried in Thayer Cemetery, Thayer, Mo.
7. iv. Mary Etta Nelson, b. 1891; m. Felix Pollock
5. William Columbus Nelson (James2, Elisha1) was born 1851 in Dent Co., Mo, and died in Clay Co., Ark. He married Nancy Catherine Hobson August 4, 1870 in Dent Co., Mo. She was born 1844 in Tennessee. William is buried in Nelson Cemetery, Clay Co., Ark.
Child of William and Nancy is:
8. i. Lela Jane Nelson, b. January 6, 1875, Salem, Dent Co., Mo.; d. December 17, 1971, North Little Rock, Pulaski Co., Ark.
Back: Ida May and Edgar
Front: Cleffie, Elva, & Jack Pollock
6. Ida May Nelson (Andrew Jackson3, James2, Elisha1) was born June 6, 1873 in Missouri and died January 27, 1934 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK. She married Isaac Jackson (Jack) Pollock March 26, 1891 in Sharp Co., Ark, son of Isaac James Pollock and Martha Emily Norton. He was born January 27, 1873 in Mississippi and died October 18, 1946 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK. They are both buried in Duncan Cemetery, Duncan, OK. For more information see: Isaac Jackson Pollock
Children of Ida and Isaac:
i. Mearon Edgar Pollock, b. May 27, 1894, Hardy, Sharp Co., Ark; d. January 12, 1978, California
ii. Era Cleffie Pollock, b. December 25, 1898, Hardy, Sharp Co., Ark; d. December 26, 1990, Duncan, OK
iii. Elva Pollock, b. December 22, 1901; d. September 18, 1991
iv. Custis Lester Pollock, b. October 18, 1905, Clarksville, Red River Co., TX; d. August 2, 1988, Duncan, OK
v. Clara Pollock, b. November 28, 1907; d. January 25, 1990, California
vi. Jessie Pollock, b. April 13, 1913; d. June 14, 1980
vii. Loreva Gertrude Pollock, b. November 24, 1915; d. April 30, 2000
viii. Vera Pollock, d. March 26, 1991
Mary Etta Nelson Pollock
7. Mary Etta Nelson (George Henry3, James2, Elisha1) was born 1891. She married Felix Pollock.
Children of Mary and Felix:
i. Lorene Pollock
ii. Lillian Pollock
iii. Jack Pollock
8. Lela Jane Nelson (William Columbus3, James2, Elisha1) was born January 6, 1875 in Salem, Dent Co., Mo. and died December 17, 1971 in North Little Rock, Pulaski Co., Ark. She married (1) Mills Bennett (Bud) Pollock, son of Isaac James Pollock and Martha Emily Norton on January 22, 1893 in Hardy, Sharp Co., Ark. He was born Janaury 4, 1871, and died abt 1897 in Hardy, Sharp Co., Ark. Lela married (2) Joseph Shields Hill October 15, 1899 in Mammouth Spring, Fulton Co., Ark.
Child of Lela and Mills Bennett:
i. Allon Odes Pollock, b. February 18, 1894, Hardy, Sharp Co., Ark.; d. January 4, 1975, Perryville, Mo.
Children of Lela and Joseph:
ii. Amy Hill
iii. Clarence Hill
iv. Willis Hill
v. Raymond Hill
vi. Bessie Hill
vii. Fred Oliver Hill
viii. Lilliam Ruth Hill
ix. Minnie Louise Hill
Researchers and Contributors:
Lela Pollock Ernsberger
Vicky Pollock Seibel